Hospitality and Restaurant Management
Upon the completion of the degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management, graduates will be able to:
- Describe a hospitality business philosophy.
- Utilize computer technology appropriate to the industry.
- Describe the building of a brand positioning statement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the sales and marketing skills appropriate for the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate appropriate personal skills for the hospitality industry. including professional business etiquette and ethics.
- Apply basic principles of supervisory managemen.t
- Implement basic operations of a hospitality enterprise.
- Appreciate and understand the value of diversity.
- Communicate effectively in a diverse society using visual and written modes within the hospitality industry.
- Critically reflect on the impact that historical and contemporary culture has on society in general and specifically in the hospitality industry.
- Apply critical-thinking skills to arrive at reasoned decisions in solving everyday hospitality industry issues.
- Demonstrate effective research and reporting skills.