At Nashua Community College, our Academic Success Center and Disabilities Support Coordinator are here to ensure you have equal access to the college's programs, services and activities.

What do we do?

We prepare students that have documented disabilities with resources and reasonable accommodations to help them reach their educational goals.

What are reasonable accommodations?

Reasonable accommodations are academic adjustments that help to “level the playing field”. They provide access and equal opportunity for students but do no not alter course objectives. They do not modify course content. Reasonable accommodations are created in collaboration with the student and listed as part of a RAP (Reasonable Accommodation Plan). Examples of accommodations: extra time on tests and quizzes, quiet room for testing, use of a digital recorder in class, use of a four function calculator in math, etc.

Do I have still to apply if I had an IEP or 504 in High School or does it just transfer over to college?

You MUST apply with us if you want accommodations. Having an IEP or 504 in high school is helpful for us to look at as part of your application for a Reasonable Accommodations Plan, but it does not guarantee services. There are other requirements. Please see documentation recommendations for more information.

What do I need to do to apply for a Reasonable Accommodation Plan?

If you are interested in receiving accommodations here at NCC this is what you will need to do:

  1. Apply to NCC.
  2. Once accepted, fill out an Intake Welcome Packet (which you can also pick up in Room 100). Talk with a Disabilities Support Coordinator if you need more information about the process or have any questions.
  3. Be sure to call if you need accommodations to take the Accuplacer, a computerized test that is a requirement for all students before registering for classes.
  4. Make an appointment with a Disabilities Coordinator to bring back your completed Intake Welcome Packet which includes your required documentation. During the meeting (if all paperwork is complete) we will discuss Reasonable Accommodation Plans and set up one for you.

When should I apply?

Apply as early as possible. Some accommodations, such as digital textbooks or interpreters for the deaf, can take weeks to acquire. If you wait until the week that you start classes, you may not receive what you need when class begins, which could set you back academically. You can apply any time but it is best to start an application for services 4-6 weeks before the start of school.

What else do I need to know?

Find out the most frequently asked questions.

For more information, contact:
Disabilities Support Coordinator, Academic Success Center, Room 100
(603) 578-8900 ext 1453. FAX: (603) 882-8690

Email NCC
Back To Top