at the Learning Commons
We are pleased to offer our students a variety of testing services. In our Testing Center students can make-up or re-take exams, and CLEP tests are administered. The Learning Commons also provides Accuplacer Testing Preparation.
TESTING CENTER HOURS:
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY | 10:00-1:00 pm
MAKE-UP/RE-TAKE TESTING POLICIES
Please follow the policies and procedures outlined below. Giving 24 hrs prior notice is required so that the LC can make sure enough space is available. If you have questions, please stop by or call x1453.
- Make-up/Re-take testing is a part-time service. There are limited seats and times for testing so prior arrangements must be made at least 24 hours in advance. The Testing Center is open for Make-up/Re-takes (for students without a RAP): See above for Testing Center Hours.
- Students with a Reasonable Accommodation Plan may take, make-up or re-take exams Monday through Thursday from 8:30-3:30pm and Friday 8:30am to 2pm. Prior permissions and forms must also be completed at least 24 hours in advance.
- Finals week testing is intended for final exams only for students with a RAP plan or extenuating circumstances (which must be cleared with Melissa Olson x 1451).
- Any students involved in academic dishonesty or disruptive behavior will have their tests taken from them. They will lose the privilege of using the Testing Center for the remainder of the semester and may incur disciplinary action.
- Students will be required to leave all bags and personal belongings (including cell phones) in a separate location.
Testing Procedures for Instructors:
- Once asked by a student to take a test in room 100, instructors must fill out a form (available online and also at the LC, room 100). These forms should be completed, one for each student, including the exact date and time the test will be taken.
- Forms and attached tests should be brought directly to Room 100 at least 24 hours prior to testing time so the LC can plan for time/space availability. Tests can be delivered by hand directly to LC support staff or by e-mail at
. If this procedure is not followed we will not be able toaccommodate.
- Completed tests and those with expired deadlines (students did not show up) will be delivered to instructors’ mailboxes unless otherwise specified.
Make-up testing is for individuals only; we cannot accommodate groups or classes.
Please do not send more than 3 NON-RAP students from your class per exam.
ACCUPLACER TESTING PREPARATION
The Learning Commons offers assistance to students needing to refresh some basic skills in reading, arithmetic and writing. The goal of each program is to enable students to increase their individual skill level in order to be eligible for placement into developmental or college-level course.
The Reading Lab:
This lab is designed to assist students with their reading comprehension in a lab setting using the ReadingPlus* program. The goal of the lab is to increase comprehension, rate, and fluency through ongoing structured practice. Students will receive direct instruction one hour per week from the instructor and complete two lab sessions independently. Students must register through the Advising Center. Prerequisites: Appropriate Accuplacer score
Accuplacer Math Preparation:
Accuplacer Math Preparation (A.M.P.) is a non-credit course that may be taken to strengthen basic math skills. New and current students are encouraged to enroll. Using MyMathTest, a web-based tutorial, students will work on their individual study plan during the classroom lab. The Arithmetic module includes such concepts as fractions, decimals and percent. Students must register through the Advising Center. Prerequisites: Appropriate Accuplacer score
ACCUPLACER HELPFUL LINKS:
Apple iPod, iPad, iPhone Accuplacer App
CLEP TESTING SERVICES
CLEP exams are coordinated by the Academic Advising Center - Room 99 | (603) 578-8906
“The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Developed by the College Board, CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program, available at more than 2,900 colleges and universities. Pass any of the 33 CLEP exams and achieve your college and career goals.” www.clep.collegeboard.org