Nashua Community College tutors are a valued component to the Tutoring and Writing Center! We recognize their distinct attributes and encourage individuality. Their unique assets allow the Tutoring Center to offer tutoring in a variety of subjects.
Do you have these qualities?
Do you meet these criteria?
- Free time to share
- Grade point average of 3.0 or better
- knowledgeable in subject area
- Recommended by instructors
- Willing spirit
Do you have the volunteer spirit? We want to hear from you, too!
Your role as a tutor is to reinforce classroom instruction. The NCC tutor’s role is to supplement classroom instruction but not to complete the students’ work, writing and/or examinations for them. Some of the responsibilities of a tutor are to:
- Treat students respectfully
- Uphold confidentiality of each student
- Remind each student to come prepared with notes, textbook, and questions
- Encourage the student to seek additional assistance from his/her instructor
- Explain study skills relevant to the subject matter
- Clarify concepts using textbook examples