Main Desk: (603) 578-8905


Spring 2015 Semester Library Hours

Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm

Fridays 8am-6:00pm

Saturdays 8am-Noon 

Closed Sundays

Summer and semester break hours: M-F 8-430
Closed major holidays. 

Learning Commons Academice Intervention Page.


Edit page.


Accuplacer Math Preparation (A.M.P)
at the Learning Commons

Accuplacer Math Preparation (A.M.P.) is a 7-week non-credit course that may be taken to strengthen basic math skills. This course is ideal for new and current students looking for an Arithmetic math refresher class.




Need Help with:

  • Fractions
  • Decimals
  • Percentages

Then this course is for you! 

A.M.P. is designed as a lecture/lab where students will be able to work independently on their individualized study plan.  Using MyMathTest, a web-based tutorial, students will be able to log on to their plan from any computer with Internet access.  Students finish the course by re-taking the Arithmetic math portion of the Accuplacer placement test.

COST: $75, plus a small fee for the Student Internet Access Code (see the NCC Bookstore)

Students desiring additional practice may use the links below. | |


tlc-people-pyramidOne-to-One Tutoring
at the Learning Commons

Tutoring... Your Learning Support!

The Tutoring and Writing Center at Nashua Community College acknowledges and promotes student responsibility and accountability for his/her education. Tutoring provides students an opportunity to seek needed assistance for their coursework.




The responsibilities of NCC student-tutees are to:

  • Complete their work to the best of their ability by utilizing class notes, textbook, videos and other resources prior to tutoring
  • Contact the course instructor for additional assistance
  • Maintain regular class attendance in subject area that is being tutored



STEP ONE: Complete a Request a Tutor Form

STEP TWO: Wait for the Coordinator of Tutoring Services to review the Request and locate a tutor, usually within one week.*

STEP THREE: Begin - you will work with your tutor until you no longer need one.

*Matching schedules with a tutor may take more than one week.  Not all subjects are offered for tutoring.



tlc-people-pyramidBecome a NCC Tutor
at the Learning Commons

Nashua Community College tutors are a valued component to the Tutoring and Writing Center!  We recognize their distinct attributes and encourage individuality. Their unique assets allow the Tutoring Center to offer tutoring in a variety of subjects. 





Do you have these qualities?

  • Approachable
  • Enthusiastic
  • Friendly
  • Patient
  • Respectful

Do you meet these criteria?

  • Free time to share
  • Grade point average of 3.0 or better
  • knowledgeable in subject area
  • Recommended by instructors
  • Willing spirit


Apply Today! 

The Tutoring and Writing Center is open to accepting your application for tutoring at any time.  We encourage students and community members to get involved by completing the appropriate application. This paid position is dependent on your availability and the number of tutor requests. We are happy to discuss this further. Contact the This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.

Do you have the volunteer spirit?  We want to hear from you, too!

Your role as a tutor is to reinforce classroom instruction.  The NCC tutor’s role is to supplement classroom instruction but not to complete the students’ work, writing and/or examinations for them. Some of the responsibilities of a tutor are to:

  • Treat students respectfully
  • Uphold confidentiality of each student
  • Remind each student to come prepared with notes, textbook, and questions
  • Encourage the student to seek additional assistance from his/her instructor
  • Explain study skills relevant to the subject matter
  • Clarify concepts using textbook examples 

tlc-people-pyramidDisability Services FAQ
at the Learning Commons 

When should I contact NCC about my disability?

Students with disabilities should contact the Disabilities Support Coordinator as soon as possible. This will ensure that the student has enough time to get adequate documentation of his/her disability. Also, students can be given accommodations for the Accuplacer test. Accommodations cannot be given unless students have finished the intake process. All students are encouraged to contact the Disabilities Support Coordinator at least 4-6 weeks prior to the start of the semester that he/she plans to enroll.

What is the difference between services offered for disability students in college vs. high school?

There are many differences, one being that the student is responsible to set up their RAP. To see other differences, please see “High School Vs. College” below.

Do I have still to apply if I had an IEP or 504 in High School or does it just transfer over to college?

You MUST apply with us if you want accommodations. Having an IEP or 504 in high school is helpful for us to look at as part of your application for a Reasonable Accommodations Plan, but it does not guarantee services and there are other requirements required. Please refer to the intake packet or contact the Disabilities Support Coordinator for more information.

Are 504 Plans and IEPs accepted as documentation of a disability at the college level?

IEP's and Section 504 plans are not accepted as the sole form of documentation of a disability. They will be accepted along with current evaluations. If you had an IEP in high school and are coming directly to college, chances are you were evaluated by the high school in the last 3 years and would not need to be re-evaluated. Be sure to contact your high school for copies of these to include in your application packet.

Will I receive the same accommodations that I received in high school?

Students should not assume that accommodations provided in high school will also be given in college. Also, in high school some IEP’s contained modifications as well as accommodations. The college provides reasonable accommodations and do not modify course content or objectives; accommodations are provided to ensure equal ACCESS.

What types of classroom accommodations are considered?

Examples of possible classroom accommodations are: 50% extended time on tests and quizzes, quiet room for testing, use of a digital recorder in class, use of a four function calculator in math, etc. Accommodations can vary based upon needs and type of disability.

I have/ think I have a learning disability but I do not have current documentation or I have never been tested. What should I do?

If you feel you have a disability, it is best to have an evaluation during your junior/senior year of high school. If you have graduated or the high school will not provide the re-evaluation, you should meet with a qualified professional in your local area. Costs incurred for obtaining appropriate documentation are the responsibility of the student and are not provided by the college.

If you have questions, you may want to talk to your PCP (your private insurance MAY cover it), a licensed psychologist/psychiatrist who can do the testing (or knows someone who can) or you can contact Voc Rehab if you are currently receiving services from them. The evaluator will decide the battery of tests to give you based on your situation.


K -12


Education is a RIGHT and must be provided in   an appropriate environment to ALL individuals.

Education is NOT a RIGHT. Students must meet   certain admissions criteria defined under ADA as "otherwise   qualified."

School district is responsible to identify a   student's disability.

Students must SELF-IDENTIFY with Disability   Services.

School district provides free testing,   evaluation and transportation to program.

Student must provide current and appropriate   documentation. If it is not adequate, the student can attain an evaluation at   his or her own cost.

School district develops the Individualized   Education Plans (IEP) to define educational services.

NO IEP is developed in college, as there is   no special education. Please do not   submit the IEP for services.

Through the school district the IEP Team   determines all IEP supports and services that will be provided.

The student is responsible to activate the   approved services at the start of each semester.

Fundamental alteration of programs and   curricula are required.

No fundamental alterations are required.

Personal services for medical or physical   disability are required.

No personal services are required.